The City of Belfast Advanced Motorcyclists Group mission is to advance the skills of motorcyclists in Northern Ireland, through providing a supportive and friendly environment which encourages verification of skills attained through advanced testing by IAM qualified assessors.
Our role is to recruit new members for IAM RoadSmart and progress them to IAM Advanced Riding standard by preparing them for the IAM Skills for Life riding test and to support and promote the aims of the IAM.
Our main focus is to help make riders safer and more responsible on our roads emphasising progressive riding and staying one step ahead of other road users by knowing how to predict hazards and accurately assess road and traffic conditions.
An IAM Advanced Rider will be more controlled and confident, and ultimately a better and safer rider.
Our Code of Conduct
- To always uphold and promote the aims and standards of the IAM
- To respect one another regardless of gender, creed, ethnicity or sexual preference
- To communicate with one another in a polite and respectful manner
- To maintain and advance our own riding skills and help improve those of others
- To enjoy motorcycling!
IAM Strategic Goals
IAM RoadSmart is working to a set of clearly defined core goals that align to our vision and mission. The charitable objectives put in place 61 years ago hold as firm today as they have ever done:
- To improve the standards of driving and riding on the roads
- To improve road safety
- To administer a nationally recognised advanced test
To be the best and most recognised provider of training and advice for all post-licence drivers
To improve rider and driver skills and behaviour on the roads
- Enjoyment and sharing of skilful, safe, driving and riding
- Adaptive approach based on the individual
- Enabling development of the right skills and behaviours at all levels of experience
- Supporting continuous development
- Embrace volunteering and commercial models